Baked Fish with Cheese Sauce Recipe
- 4 orange roughy fillets (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1. Place fish in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Brush with butter; sprinkle with bread crumbs. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine flour and milk until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in cheese and mustard until cheese is melted. Serve with fish. Yield: 4 servings.
4 ounce-weight: 206 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 279mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Baked Fish with Cheese Sauce
"I made this for my son's girlfriend, who does not eat meat, and she loved it! I loved it, too. The fish was moist and delicious and the cheese sauce was great1"
"Yummy. I made it with snapper because that's what I had."
"This is an excellent recipe. I ran out of bread crumbs so I smashed up goldfish crackers, the cheddar taste was an excellent edition."
"easy, fast, and tasty. Perfect for a mid-week supper."