Baked Crescent Cheeseburger Pie
I grab this recipe when I'm looking for a quick dinner that will bring smiles to everyone at the table. Add a side salad, and presto, the meal is done!—Carolyn Hayes, Marion, Illinois
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 5 to 6 slices process cheese (Velveeta)
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- In a skillet, cook the beef and onion over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in tomato sauce, ketchup, salt and pepper; heat through. Spoon into an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Arrange the cheese on top.
- Bake at 400° for 2-3 minutes or until cheese begins to warm. Unroll crescent roll dough and separate into triangles. Place over cheese, pressing down on edges of pie plate to seal. Bake 10-12 minutes longer or until golden brown. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 301 calories, 17g fat (7g saturated fat), 49mg cholesterol, 857mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 17g protein.
Originally published as Crescent Cheeseburger Pie in Casserole Cookbook
Apr 11, 2010
This was a VERY good pie. It was so good we (two people) ate the entire thing in one sitting! Thank you for the GREAT idea. Because of its convenience of being quick I will definitely bring this out often!