Baked Crescent Cheeseburger Pie
I grab this recipe when I'm looking for a quick dinner that will bring smiles to everyone at the table. Add a side salad, and presto, the meal is done!—Carolyn Hayes, Marion, Illinois
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 5 to 6 slices process cheese (Velveeta)
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- In a skillet, cook the beef and onion over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in tomato sauce, ketchup, salt and pepper; heat through. Spoon into an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Arrange the cheese on top.
- Bake at 400° for 2-3 minutes or until cheese begins to warm. Unroll crescent roll dough and separate into triangles. Place over cheese, pressing down on edges of pie plate to seal. Bake 10-12 minutes longer or until golden brown. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 301 calories, 17g fat (7g saturated fat), 49mg cholesterol, 857mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 17g protein.
Apr 11, 2010
This was a VERY good pie. It was so good we (two people) ate the entire thing in one sitting! Thank you for the GREAT idea. Because of its convenience of being quick I will definitely bring this out often!