Baked Creole Shrimp
A friend shared this recipe with me after tinkering with different ways to prepare freshly-caught shrimp. Here in the South, we bake the shrimp unpeeled.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 2-1/2 pounds uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 2 medium lemons, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4-1/2 teaspoons Creole seasoning
- 3 teaspoons pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced chives
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Place shrimp in a 3-qt. baking dish. In a small saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients; bring to a boil over medium heat. Pour over shrimp.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400°, for 15-20 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Remove with a slotted spoon to a serving platter.
Editor's NoteThe following spices may be substituted for 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning: 1/4 teaspoon each salt, garlic powder and paprika; and a pinch each of dried thyme, ground cumin and cayenne pepper.
Nutrition Facts1/2 pound: 424 calories, 32g fat (19g saturated fat), 362mg cholesterol, 1412mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 30g protein.
Originally published as Shrimp Bake in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2007
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.