Baked Creamy Spinach Recipe
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°. In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Add cream cheese and milk; stir until melted. Stir in 1 cup Parmesan cheese, cayenne, salt and pepper. Stir in spinach.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, 30-35 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1/2 cup: 194 calories, 16g fat (10g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 457mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 9g protein.
Reviews for Baked Creamy Spinach
"We really enjoyed this easy side. It goes well with red meat or just to eat by itself."