- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Add cream cheese and milk; stir until melted. Stir in 1 cup Parmesan cheese, cayenne, salt and pepper. Stir in the spinach.
- Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forBaked Creamy Spinach
"We really enjoyed this easy side. It goes well with red meat or just to eat by itself."