Baked Creamy Spinach
Even folks not find of spinach find this creamy casserole irresistable. It's a favorite of my family at the holidays.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Add cream cheese and milk; stir until melted. Stir in 1 cup Parmesan cheese, cayenne, salt and pepper. Stir in spinach.
- Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, 30-35 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 194 calories, 16g fat (10g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 457mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 9g protein.
Originally published as Spinach Maria in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2006
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.