Baked Crab Wontons
These little crab bites put a smile on everyone's face. My family loves them for their size, texture and taste. I love them because they're quick and simple to make. They even won first prize in a cooking competition. Instead of baking them in the oven, you can deep fry them. —Danielle Arcadi, Peoria, Arizona
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 18 wonton wrappers
- Cooking spray
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- Sweet-and-sour sauce, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Press wonton wrappers into greased mini-muffin cups. Spritz wrappers with cooking spray. Bake until lightly browned, 5-7 minutes.
- Beat cream cheese, mayonnaise, salt and pepper until smooth. Stir in remaining ingredients. Spoon into wonton cups. Bake until heated through, 9-11 minutes. If desired, serve with sweet-and-sour sauce.
Originally published as Baked Crab Wontons in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2017