Baked Crab Dip Recipe
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed or 2 cups flaked imitation crabmeat
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 round loaves (1 pound each) unsliced sourdough or Italian bread
- Additional sliced green onions, optional
- Assorted fresh vegetables, crackers
- 1. In a bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add sour cream; mix well. Fold in crab, cheese and onions. Cut the top third off each loaf of bread; carefully hollow out bottoms, leaving 1-in. shells. Cube removed bread and tops; set aside. Spoon crab mixture into bread bowls. Place on baking sheets. Place reserved bread cubes in a single layer around bread bowls.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until the dip is heated through. Garnish with green onions if desired. Can be served with assorted fresh vegetables or crackers or toasted bread cubes. Yield: 5 cups.
Tip: The bread can be filled earlier and refrigerated until 1-1/2 hours before serving. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking.
2 tablespoons: 100 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 140mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Baked Crab Dip
"This is a new family favorite! I mixed together all the ingredients but the crab the day before. The next day I let the mixture warm up to room temp and stirred in the crab (16 oz.). I baked it in a red ceramic pie dish and served it with fresh soft pretzel logs sliced on the diagonal. I will add finely chopped red pepper next time for color."
"OMG......this crab dip was awesome and very easy to fix, did not add or delete anything. I made it with 2 cups of crabmeat instead of the can crabmeat and everyone just devoured it. This will be one of my special go to appetizers from now on."
"This recipe sounds wonderful. Is it just as good when you use the imitation crab meat?"
"Made this for a party last night and it was a huge hit! So simple to make"
"Loved it, easy to make, easier to eat!"
"Very best crab dip EVER!"
"it was great andi would make again"
"This was a huge hit at the party..people that did not like crab wanted the recipe to this..was so good.. my husband asked for me to make again...what a hit.."
"I make this every year for our Christmas eve party.. love it"
"I am used to making Paula Deen's Hot Crab Dip recipe. I thought I'd try something different for a change. This was not very good. I was surprised too, because it sounds wonderful, but we were very disappointed."