- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 pound cod fillet, cut into four pieces
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt-free lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 2 teaspoons capers
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- Place asparagus in an ungreased 11x7-in. baking dish; add water. Arrange cod over asparagus. Sprinkle with lemon juice, lemon pepper and garlic powder. Dot with butter; sprinkle with capers.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork and asparagus is tender. If desired, sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forBaked Cod Piccata with Asparagus
"Had this recipe with a beautiful piece of cod loin. We greatly enjoyed the flavors. It was easy to make and cooked perfectly in the time allotted. I only had really skinny asparagus so I didn't roast them; instead, I made them following the TOH recipe for Spicy Asparagus. I served Roasted Greek potatoes with Feta which went perfectly (IMO) with the fish. Will repeat this dinner combo with the cod as the star of the show!!!"
"I had a lot of asparagus so I stuck it in the oven (with the water ) while the oven was pre heating. I also had a hard time finding salt free lemon pepper seasoning. I finally found it in the health food section of the store. It is a easy, fast good tasting recipe. You can hardly go wrong!"
"Great, I love chicken Piccata so why not Cod? If asparagus is out of season try broccoli.A definite keeper!!"
"I would make again. I'm not a great fan of fish, but this was pretty good."