Baked Chops and Fries
A one-dish meal that's nice enough for company is a rare find, so this one's a treasure. Pop it in the oven, chat with your guests and then serve them a delicious supper.—Anita Bafik, Avonmore, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 4 cups frozen steaks fries, thawed
- 2 cups frozen cut green beans, thawed
- Combine the salt, pepper and paprika; sprinkle over pork chops. In a large skillet, brown chops in oil on each side; drain. Remove chops and keep warm. In the same skillet, combine the soup, sour cream, milk and parsley; cook and stir until heated through.
- In a greased 11x7-in. baking dish, layer fries, beans and soup mixture. Top with chops. Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until meat is tender and vegetables are heated through.
Originally published as Baked Chops and Fries in Casserole Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.