Baked Chicken Supreme
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 50 min.
- 4 ounces Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1-3/4 cups crushed Caesar salad croutons
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- Cut Monterey Jack cheese into eight 2-1/2x1x3/8-in. strips. In a bowl, combine the butter, parsley, oregano and marjoram; spread 1-1/2 teaspoons over each cheese strip. Cover and refrigerate cheese and remaining butter mixture for at least 2 hours.
- Flatten chicken to 1/8-in. thickness; sprinkle with seasoned salt. Place a cheese strip on each piece of chicken. Roll up and tuck in ends; secure with a toothpick. Coat chicken on all sides with flour. Dip in eggs, then coat with croutons.
- Place seam side down in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes. In a saucepan, combine wine or broth and reserved butter mixture; heat until butter is melted. Pour over chicken. Bake 20-25 minutes longer or until chicken juices run clear. Discard toothpick before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 436 calories, 23g fat (12g saturated fat), 193mg cholesterol, 498mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 41g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 28, 2012
This chicken is excellent, it's like a flavorful homemade chicken kiev. I made the recipe following the directions with a difference of halfing it and using a bit more wine then it called for, 1/3 cup instead of 1/4.