Baked Chicken Supreme
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 50 min.
- 4 ounces Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1-3/4 cups crushed Caesar salad croutons
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- Cut Monterey Jack cheese into eight 2-1/2x1x3/8-in. strips. In a bowl, combine the butter, parsley, oregano and marjoram; spread 1-1/2 teaspoons over each cheese strip. Cover and refrigerate cheese and remaining butter mixture for at least 2 hours.
- Flatten chicken to 1/8-in. thickness; sprinkle with seasoned salt. Place a cheese strip on each piece of chicken. Roll up and tuck in ends; secure with a toothpick. Coat chicken on all sides with flour. Dip in eggs, then coat with croutons.
- Place seam side down in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes. In a saucepan, combine wine or broth and reserved butter mixture; heat until butter is melted. Pour over chicken. Bake 20-25 minutes longer or until chicken juices run clear. Discard toothpick before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 436 calories, 23g fat (12g saturated fat), 193mg cholesterol, 498mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 41g protein.
Sep 28, 2012
This chicken is excellent, it's like a flavorful homemade chicken kiev. I made the recipe following the directions with a difference of halfing it and using a bit more wine then it called for, 1/3 cup instead of 1/4.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.