I first made this chicken one hot summer when the family wanted baked chicken...and I wanted to keep the kitchen cool. Now they never seem to request the oven-baked variety!
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2/3 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1-1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1-1/4 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 3-1/2 pounds), cut up
- Place dry baking mix, paprika, seasoned salt and pepper in a large resealable plastic bag. Close and shake to mix. Add chicken, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat.
- Place chicken in a greased metal or foil 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Place on grill. Cover and grill over low heat, for 30-40 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Baked Chicken on the Grill in Country Chicken Cookbook 1995, p89
Reviews forBaked Chicken on the Grill
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 25, 2010
"This recipe is a keeper! So easy and so tasty! Great for the summer time as you aren't heating the oven up for an awesome dish!"
Reviewed Apr. 17, 2008
"I made this last night and it was wonderful. Also easy to do on a day I worked overtime."