- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, drained
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 12 flour tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- In a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray, combine the chicken, tomatoes, onion and peppers. Combine the oil, chili powder, cumin and salt. Drizzle over chicken mixture; toss to coat. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and vegetables are tender. Spoon onto tortillas; fold in sides. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forBaked Chicken Fajitas
"This was probably the best and by far the easiest fajita recipe I've ever tried! Using all the fresh rather than frozen veggies was awesome, and I absolutely loved putting it in the oven so I could go do something else instead of stirring endlessly on the stovetop or having to pre-cook the meat. It's definitely a time-saver! My family doesn't care for their veggies "crisp-tender," so I didn't drain the tomatoes to keep it moist and added an extra 10 minutes to the cooking time to make the veggies just a bit more done to our liking. I served it with tomatoes, lettuce, fat-free sour cream, shredded 2% sharp cheddar cheese, and taco sauce for toppings, as well as Spanish rice and fat-free refried beans to add on top or to serve on the side. Delicious and filling!"
"Love how easy this recipe is. I tend not to add the salt and add 1/2t garlic powder and 1/2t oregano."
"easy and delicious."
"Great taste! My picky daughter even enjoyed it! Easier than preparing on the stove top."
"Very easy and delicious! Great flavor! If you wanted a little less spice you could use plain diced tomatoes."
"A working or busy Mom's kind of dish. easy peasy and most importantly tasty too!"
"We loved this, so easy & yummy! Will be making this one again! Thanks!"
"Loved it! The simplicity is the best part."