- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup sherry or chicken broth
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Arrange chicken in a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with paprika. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, saute mushrooms in butter for 5 minutes. Add the sherry or broth, green onions, garlic, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Pour over chicken.
- Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 170°. Top with cheese. Bake for 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forBaked Chicken and Mushrooms
"Yummy AND easy - which is important 'cuz I do NOT cook! One thing....next time will add more seasoning, BUT...there WILL be a "next time"!! YAY!!!"
"This was easy to make. But even with some additional spices and some bacon, it was still quite bland."
"I love the ease of prep, the low carb aspect, but it needed some seasoning. Not sure what to add, but just read the thoughts about bacon etc. This is definitely one I'll make again, but need to think about how I can jazz it up. Thank you so much, Lise, for sharing your creativity."
"Recipe was great after I followed the advise of Chris1414 and added bacon. I fried 3 peices of bacon and kept the drippings in the pan. Put the bacaon aside. Followed recipe for the sauce but used Marsala wine and chicken broth...I used almost a cup of broth. I added the crumbled bacon back in the sauce. Using extra sauce allows you to cook the ingredients and sauce before pouring over the chicken. The chicken was perfectly cooked. We served this with fresh angel hair pasta. A definite do over. I would probably add some salt, peper and garlic powder to the chicken during the first cook and before putting on the sauce. Also topped with fresh Parmasan and Mozzarella. Yummy...Oh, I also puounded out my chicken breasts to about 1/3 inch thick. Very good...make it your own!"
"This recipe tastes average. Although it is a creative recipe that is very easy to make, it needs more flavor. Bacon? Additional spices? It needs something added to it."
"Simple and delicious!"
"Fantastic! This dish was so tasty that we went back for seconds! I will definitely make again very soon!"
"I loved it! The chicken was very moist and amazing flavors. My husband said any restaurant could.serve it with a great success."
"Absolutely delicious. My children loved it. I've passed down to other friends and they agreed - "it's the best dish" even for dieter too."