Baked Cheesy Mostaccioli
My friends and family often request this family favorite. Because the sauce works well with several Italian meals, I make a large batch to use for weekday dinners or last-minute company. —Dayna Brohm, Gold Canyon, Arizona
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 3 cups uncooked mostaccioli
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 Johnsonville® Mild Italian Sausage Links, casings removed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (15 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook mostaccioli according to package directions for al dente; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a 6-qt. stockpot, cook beef, sausage, onion, peppers, mushrooms and garlic over medium-high heat 6-8 minutes or until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender, breaking up meat into crumbles; drain.
- Stir in tomatoes, tomato sauce, Italian seasoning and sugar. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 8-10 minutes to allow flavors to blend.
- Stir in 1-1/2 cups cheese and mostaccioli. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake, covered, 20 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Originally published as Baked Cheesy Mostaccioli in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2016
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
More from Taste of Home
What’s the Secret to Perfect Burgers at Home? A Former Restaurant Chef Shares 11 Expert Burger Grilling Tips