Baked Cheddar Bacon Spread
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Assorted crackers
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sour cream, onion and mayonnaise until blended. Fold in bacon and 3 cups of cheddar cheese.
- Transfer to a 2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve with crackers.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 79 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 110mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Dec 30, 2010
This went over great on Christmas Eve. I cut the recipe in half and had plenty of spread. It was wonderful and so easy to make!
Jan 4, 2010
Big hit with the men in my family (of course, like my father says, how can you go wrong with cheese and bacon?)
Dec 27, 2009
I took this to christmas and everyone loved it now this dip will be a holiday regular. I did add parmesan cheese to it also. So good tho.
Nov 20, 2009
Fabulous! I was told to bring an appetizer for a family dinner party! It went over well, by all, kids to grandparents!
Nov 3, 2009
Made this dip for the first time for a pot luck at work. Everyone loved it and wanted the recipe.
May 21, 2009
Do you serve this warm, or hot from the oven? Or a room temp?