- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 small butternut squash (about 2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 6 teaspoons brown sugar, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°. Mix seasoning ingredients. Halve squash lengthwise; remove and discard seeds. Place squash in an 11x7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Brush with melted butter; sprinkle with seasonings.
- Place 2 teaspoons brown sugar in the cavity of each half. Sprinkle remaining brown sugar over cut surfaces.
- Bake, covered, 40 minutes. Uncover; bake until squash is tender, about 20 minutes. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forBaked Butternut Squash
"My squash was already cut up into cubes, I tossed it with the other ingredients and baked. Great fall side dish!"
"Baked the recommended time and then added the additional time as mentioned in the recipe. It was still hard as a rock. Cut t up in bites and MW'd for 10 minutes, cut it into bites and fed it to the 5 dogs (they need veggies too."
"Great taste. I peel and chunk then toss with butter and spices. Roast 400* approx 35 min."
"This was excellant just the way it was!"
"I thought this turned out perfect. I will definitely make again with other types of squash."
"I changed this recipe just a tad, by peeling the squash, and cutting it into 2 inch cubes. I used acorn squash in place of the butternut a few times and it came out great. The guys at my husbands deer camp think this is a fantastic recipe."