- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 12 slices bread
- 6 slices fully cooked ham
- 12 slices cheddar or Swiss cheese
- 1 medium tomato, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Spread mustard on one side of six slices of bread. Layer ham, cheese and tomato over mustard; top with remaining bread. Butter the outsides of the sandwiches; cut in half. Arrange in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Beat eggs, milk and pepper; pour over sandwiches. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30 minutes or until the sandwiches are golden brown and the cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forBaked Brunch Sandwiches
"So this is a great recipe that you can mess with. You can use turkey or bacon, fruit or different veggies.love itmy only qualm is this: the egg mixture did not cover all of the bottom of the sandwhiches. Maybe next time i will increase the egg mixture."