- 4-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme or 1-1/2 teaspoons dried thyme, divided
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Dash paprika
- Dash pepper
- 1-1/4 pounds lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 cup spaghetti sauce, divided
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 to 6 hamburger buns, split, optional
- In a large bowl, combine 1-1/2 teaspoons of fresh thyme (or 1/2 teaspoon dried), water, garlic salt, oregano, paprika and pepper. Add beef; mix well. Shape into four to six patties. Coat patties with flour; dip into egg and then crumbs. In a skillet, brown patties in butter. Arrange in a greased shallow baking dish. Pour half of the spaghetti sauce over patties. Sprinkle with cheeses; top with remaining sauce. Bake at 400° for 25 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Sprinkle with remaining thyme. Serve patties and sauce on buns if desired. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews forBaked Beef Patties
"Made my house smell like heaven while it baked. Really easy and tasty. The only thing I would say is, the patties wouldn't hold together very well. Maybe I'll add some sort of binding agent like an egg? to the mix next time. And there will definitely be a next time!"
"DELICIOUS! I will definitely make these again. I serve them without the bun. The thyme isgreat in them."
"These were really good! I made them just as the recipe directed. My husband even commented on how they good they were! That means a lot!!! I made roasted rosemary potato wedges to serve with and it was a win-win meal!"