- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 medium jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Liquid Smoke, optional
- 2 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- In a nonstick skillet, saute the onion and jalapeno in oil until onion is tender. Remove from the heat. In a large bowl, combine the water, ketchup, brown sugar, molasses, mustard, chili powder and Liquid Smoke if desired. Stir in the beans and onion mixture.
- Transfer to a 1-1/2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until beans are bubbly and as thick as desired. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews forBaked Bean
"easy and delicious. Love the flavor."
"Oh yes, I will definitely make this recipe again! I overdid it a bit on the heat because I had pinto beans with jalepenos, but we all loved them."
"easy to make and the flavor was excelent."