- 6 pounds pork spareribs, cut into serving-size pieces
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a large skillet, brown ribs in batches in oil. Place ribs, bone side down, on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion and celery in butter until tender. Add the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-12 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Drain ribs; brush with some of the sauce. Bake, uncovered, 1 hour longer or until the meat is tender, brushing frequently with remaining sauce. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forBaked Barbecued Spareribs
"Pretty good sparerib recipe. I really liked the sauce because it was not super sweet. Will be making these again."
"My husband doesn't care for commercial BBQ sauce at all.. Avoids it completely! And doesn't much care for homemade that's sweet. But the sauce for these ribs is worth every minute it takes to prepare it!!! It's chunky texture and tangy,zesty flavor is awesome!! I use the sauce recipe often for other things like chicken pork and even sausage dogs!! Yummy"