Baked Barbecued Beef Sandwiches
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 2-1/2 hours
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (about 3 pounds)
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 12 kaiser rolls, split
- Preheat oven to 325°. Sprinkle roast with 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. In a Dutch oven, brown roast in oil on both sides; drain. Combine water, ketchup, onion, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, garlic and remaining salt and pepper; pour over meat.
- Cover and bake 2-1/2 to 3 hours or until meat is tender. Remove roast; let stand 5 minutes before slicing, Skim fat from cooking juices. Return meat to the pan; heat through. Serve on rolls.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 412 calories, 16g fat (5g saturated fat), 74mg cholesterol, 1050mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 28g protein.
Jan 20, 2020
This came out really good! The meat was so tender that it was easier to just shred it rather than slice it. Great recipe!
Jul 9, 2016
Loved it! And so easy to prepare. Served on brioche rolls with cole slaw.
Apr 28, 2014
Excellent recipe! I made it exactly as written and served sandwiches with potato and pasta salads from the deli.