Baked Barbecue Pork Chops Recipe
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick and 4 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 bay leaf
- 1. Sprinkle pork chops with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chops in oil for 3-4 minutes on each side or until browned.
- 2. Transfer to an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. In a small saucepan, combine the water, ketchup, vinegar, celery seed, nutmeg, bay leaf and remaining salt; bring to a boil. Pour over pork.
- 3. Cover and bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Discard bay leaf. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 190 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 505mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 22g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Baked Barbecue Pork Chops
"I liked the taste, but the sauce was too watery for me. Next time, I will add less water."
"Not very moist and ended having a more of a boiled meat texture"
"i love it it looks good and it must tast good"
"Sauce was watery, there was no barbeque taste at all. I followed the recipe exactly, except I didn't have any celery seed."
"My family loved this. I added a little brown sugar to the sauce. Delicious!"
"entirely too dry for me. should have taken the bone in chops instead. also would need to kick start the sauce with added seasoning . found flavor bland."