Baked Barbecue Pork Chops
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick and 4 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 bay leaf
- Sprinkle pork chops with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chops in oil for 3-4 minutes on each side or until browned.
- Transfer to an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. In a small saucepan, combine the water, ketchup, vinegar, celery seed, nutmeg, bay leaf and remaining salt; bring to a boil. Pour over pork.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Discard bay leaf.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 190 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 505mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 22g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
May 7, 2014
I liked the taste, but the sauce was too watery for me. Next time, I will add less water.
Jan 18, 2014
Not very moist and ended having a more of a boiled meat texture
Oct 17, 2013
i love it it looks good and it must tast good
Mar 19, 2013
Sauce was watery, there was no barbeque taste at all. I followed the recipe exactly, except I didn't have any celery seed.
Mar 18, 2013
These chops were great. Very tender and sauce had a good tangy bite. Used leftovers next day for pork chop sandwiches, just added a little onion to leftover sauce and heated it up and spread over buns. Took meat off bone and made a tasty sandwich. YUM!
Mar 30, 2012
My family loved this. I added a little brown sugar to the sauce. Delicious!
Jan 24, 2012
entirely too dry for me. should have taken the bone in chops instead. also would need to kick start the sauce with added seasoning . found flavor bland.
Jan 7, 2012
Oct 25, 2010
May 10, 2010
These pork chops were delicious! They had a ton of flavor that was quite complex for such an easy recipe! Highly recommend!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.