Baked Bananas in Orange Sauce
This simply luscious dessert from Gusty Crum of Dover, Ohio looks pretty enough to serve for a special occasion.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 medium firm bananas
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- Vanilla ice cream
- Cut each banana in half lengthwise; place cut side down in a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Brush with butter. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 10 minutes.
- Combine the orange juice, brown sugar and orange zest; pour over bananas. Bake 10 minutes longer. Serve with ice cream.