Baked Bananas in Orange Sauce
This simply luscious dessert from Gusty Crum of Dover, Ohio looks pretty enough to serve for a special occasion.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 medium firm bananas
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- Vanilla ice cream
- Cut each banana in half lengthwise; place cut side down in a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Brush with butter. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 10 minutes.
- Combine the orange juice, brown sugar and orange zest; pour over bananas. Bake 10 minutes longer. Serve with ice cream.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 209 calories, 4g fat (3g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 45mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (38g sugars, 3g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Baked Bananas in Orange Sauce in Taste of Home December/January 2006