- 3 large tart apples, peeled and sliced
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup apple cider or juice
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup walnuts or raisins
- Vanilla ice cream
- Place apples in a greased 1-qt. baking dish. In a small bowl, combine the sugar, cider, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger; pour over apples. Dot with butter. Sprinkle with nuts.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-60 minutes or until apples are tender. Serve warm with ice cream. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forBaked Apple Slices
"This is good if you want that apple pie taste without the crust. I used 4 med sized apples, and still thought that a stick of butter was way too much. So I only used 2-3 TBLSP, and it came out fine. (All other similar recipes I found did not even call for butter at all.) I also added a little water over the apples and a tsp of vanilla, as well as a few golden raisins and some nuts. Excellent over vanilla ice cream!"
"I recently prepared this dish and received raves from my family. I fixed it as a side dish instead of a dessert and it was delicious. I liked it because the oven does all the work. We will definitely have these delicious apples again. I highly recommend this recipe as a Volunteer Field Editor for Taste of Home."
"So good, the whole family loved it over vanilla ice cream."