VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup cubed peeled tart apple
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- Dash to 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups cubed day-old bread, crusts removed
- In a skillet, saute onion and celery in butter until tender. Add the apple, raisins, bouillon, salt, sage, poultry seasoning and pepper. Cook and stir 1-2 minutes longer. Stir in broth. Pour over bread crumbs; toss to coat.
- Transfer to a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Uncover; bake 20-25 minutes longer or until top is golden brown. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Baked Apple-Raisin Stuffing in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook 2003, p241