Baked Almond Chicken
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 3-1/2 pounds), cut up
- 8 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 1 teaspoon each salt, paprika and celery salt
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- Place the flour in a large resealable plastic bag; add chicken, a few pieces at a time. Seal bag; shake to coat chicken. In a shallow dish, combine 7 tablespoons butter, salt, paprika and celery salt. Add chicken pieces and turn to coat.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with almonds. Pour cream around chicken. Cover and bake at 350° for 45 minutes. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup sauce.
- Stir sour cream into sauce; pour over the chicken. Combine bread crumbs with the remaining butter; sprinkle over chicken. Bake, uncovered, 15 minutes more or until chicken juices run clear.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 1020 calories, 72g fat (34g saturated fat), 278mg cholesterol, 1424mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 54g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 30, 2013
I thought it was good, and my healthy runner-daughter loved it!The rest of the family, not so much.
Oct 29, 2009
I have been making this recipe for years and get raves about it every time. And so easy.