- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 cups plus 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 3 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, beat butter and confectioners' sugar until blended. Gradually beat in 1-1/2 cups flour. Press onto bottom of a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake 18-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk eggs, sugar, lemon juice and remaining flour until frothy; pour over hot crust.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until lemon mixture is set and lightly browned. Cool completely on a wire rack. Dust with additional confectioners' sugar. Cut into bars. Refrigerate leftovers.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 bar: 247 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 62mg cholesterol, 88mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Aug 3, 2019
Looking forward to baking these sounds delicious
Jun 18, 2019
Love this recipe - have made it at least a dozen times. Great for dainty trays for showers and Christmas and a refreshing dessert for a summer pot luck. Freezes well too.
Dec 6, 2018
Very easy to fix and so good!!
Jun 29, 2018
Not too sweet
Jun 21, 2018
These were simple to prepare. They made a nice light treat on a hot day.
Jun 12, 2018
These look terrific-hubby is a nut job for any and all things lemon. I have all the ingress so making them tonight when I get home. I’ll post results
May 23, 2018
Hands down BEST Lemon Bar recipe EVER!!! People love these!
Apr 4, 2018
Made these for Easter. I knew they would not be lemony enough for us, so I increased the fresh lemon juice to 1/3 cup and decreased the sugar to 1 cup and added 1 tsp of zest. They were OK the day they were made but the bottom was very soggy by the second day and nobody wanted them. I will not make again.
Aug 14, 2017
These were excellent. Took them to work and everyone raved. I did use zest of one lemon, gave it a great lemon flavor. Will make again. Great job Mildred. Thank you...I am also from Rockford. Nice to see a fellow neighbor in print.
Jul 5, 2017
Made these today. Easy, fast and delicious. I did use some lemon ?? rind in my recipe as per the tips. Spot on. I can see why so many people love this recipe. Thank you to all who rated and Made comments, it sure helps in selecting what you are willing to try. This will go in my keepers list of recipes. I will be sharing it with my family. Yum.