Bake ‘n’ Take Little Fruitcakes
Even folks who don't like traditional fruitcake savor these muffin-size treats. I enjoy the recipe because it's so easy.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
Makesabout 2-1/2 dozen
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 package (16 ounces) pecan pieces
- 1 package (16 ounces) pitted dates, coarsely chopped
- 1-1/2 cups coarsely chopped dried apricots
- 1 cup dried cranberries or cherries
- 3/4 cup chopped pitted dried plums
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped dried apples
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped dried peaches, nectarines or mixed fruit
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt; stir in eggs just until moistened. Fold in the remaining ingredients. Fill greased muffin cups.
- Bake at 325° for 20-25 minutes or until set. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.