Bake ‘n’ Take Little Fruitcakes
Even folks who don't like traditional fruitcake savor these muffin-size treats. I enjoy the recipe because it's so easy.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
Makesabout 2-1/2 dozen
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 package (16 ounces) pecan pieces
- 1 package (16 ounces) pitted dates, coarsely chopped
- 1-1/2 cups coarsely chopped dried apricots
- 1 cup dried cranberries or cherries
- 3/4 cup chopped pitted dried plums
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped dried apples
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped dried peaches, nectarines or mixed fruit
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt; stir in eggs just until moistened. Fold in the remaining ingredients. Fill greased muffin cups.
- Bake at 325° for 20-25 minutes or until set. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 196 calories, 9g fat (1g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 62mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Bake 'n' Take Little Fruitcakes in Country Woman Christmas 2004