Baja Pork Tacos
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 8 hours
- 1 boneless pork sirloin roast (3 pounds)
- 5 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 3 teaspoons ground cumin
- 24 corn tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- 3 cups shredded lettuce
- 1-1/2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Cut roast in half; place in a 3- or 4-qt. slow cooker. Mix chilies, taco seasoning and cumin; spoon over pork. Cook, covered, on low until meat is tender, 8-10 hours.
- Remove pork; cool slightly. Skim fat from cooking juices. Shred meat with two forks. Return to slow cooker; heat through. Serve in tortillas with lettuce and cheese. Freeze option: Place cooled pork mixture in freezer containers; freeze up to 3 months. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a covered saucepan, stirring gently and adding a little broth if necessary.
Nutrition Facts2 tacos: 320 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 77mg cholesterol, 434mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 4g fiber), 30g protein. Diabetic exchanges: 3 medium-fat meat, 2 starch.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 21, 2018
I loved the simplicity of assembling this recipe. Flavor was good, not needing many toppings to enhance the flavor. I simply topped with lettuce and a few drops of chipotle hot sauce.
Jun 5, 2016
Very easy. It tastes a lot like another taco recipe I use.
Jan 12, 2016
So easy and delicious! My husband commented that it was better than a restaurant (and we have some good local Mexican restaurants!)
Apr 19, 2015
These tacos are delicious and really do taste like they are from an authentic Mexican restaurant. I have 4 boys ages 9,7,4, and 2 and they all had clean plates. I definitely will make againf
May 4, 2014
This was excellent!. Put in the crockpot later at night and was done in the morning. This is so simple to make and the taste is incredible. Will be making this often in the future. Thanks so much for sharing the recipe!
Feb 12, 2013
Wonderful! Made for a party and everyone loved them! Put out chopped jalepenos , chopped onions and salsa for those that wanted but great just as recipe is. Will make again many times!
Jul 6, 2012
This was very good. I wasn't sure if 5 cans of green chilies was overdoing it for little kids, so I cut it back to 2. It was still yummy, but I'm sure it would be better with all of the chilies.
May 14, 2012
Wow, these were great! I added a can of pinto beans for texture and fiber. My daughter ate her serving spooned over crushed tortilla chips and that was really good too. I will definately make these again.
May 3, 2012
This was SO yummy! I put it together last night and put it in the fridge, then put it in the crockpot and turned it on...so easy and delicious! My family LOVED it too! The only changes I made...I just used a whole packet of taco seasoning mix and I added 1/2 an onion (because I needed to use it up!) We loved it and are happy there are leftovers! :)
Jan 24, 2012
Easy and flavorful. Great dinner!