- 4 ounces fat-free cream cheese
- 4 ounces fresh goat cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2/3 cup finely chopped cucumber
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped carrot
- 1 radish, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil
- 4 whole wheat bagels, split and toasted
- 8 slices tomato
- Coarsely ground pepper, optional
- In a bowl, beat cheeses, lime zest and lime juice until blended. Fold in chopped vegetables and basil. Serve on bagels with tomato slices. If desired, sprinkle with pepper. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forBagel with a Veggie Schmear
"I made this last week and my family loved it. It was so fresh and bright. We used it on bagels, English muffins and also used it to dip the extra veggies from the recipe in.Tip- if you don't want all the extra veggies used in the recipe you can get most of them Already sliced from your grocery stores salad bar."