Bacon-Wrapped Shrimp Recipe
- 30 uncooked shrimp (31-40 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 6 tablespoons creamy Caesar salad dressing, divided
- 15 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, halved crosswise
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1. Preheat broiler. In a large bowl, toss shrimp with 4 tablespoons dressing; let stand 15 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until partially cooked but not crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain; keep warm.
- 3. Remove shrimp from marinade; discard marinade. Top each shrimp with a jalapeno slice and wrap with a bacon strip; secure with a toothpick. Place on a greased rack of a broiler pan.
- 4. Broil 4 in. from heat 2-3 minutes on each side or until shrimp turn pink, basting frequently with remaining dressing after turning.
- 5. Discard toothpicks before serving. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
1 appetizer: 34 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 113mg sodium, 0 carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 lean meat.
Reviews for Bacon-Wrapped Shrimp
"This recipe is almost the same as one in my hot air fryer cookbook. I have made it several times in my fryer and it's really fantastic. Mine just uses a small cube of monterrey jack cheese with a slice of pepper and a shrimp,wrapped in bacon.instead of the dressing used here. It's less messy and easier,and tastes great! I will try Karen's idea of using prosciutto too! Great party snack food and you can make ahead and cook when ready."
"Instead of bacon, I use prosciutto. It is thinner providing for a tighter wrap. Also, less greasy! This appetizer is awesome!"
"This sounds really good! & best of all, I have all the ingredients on hand! I'll probably skip the Jalapenos, though, sprinkle with a bit of pepper & add pineapple!"
"I added a piece of sliced water chestnut. The "crunch" added extra to this base.I also left some jalapeno membrane on some of the pieces-wow!"
"How can you go wrong with shrimp and bacon. I love the idea of adding a slice of jalapeno to it, wonderful!!!! I love making appetizers and this is just another one that I will add to my recipe files. Thank you!!"
"really good flavor-kind of messy to prepare"
"Can these be frozen?"