- 30 uncooked shrimp (31-40 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 6 tablespoons creamy Caesar salad dressing, divided
- 15 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, halved crosswise
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and thinly sliced
- Preheat broiler. In a large bowl, toss shrimp with 4 tablespoons dressing; let stand 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until partially cooked but not crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain; keep warm.
- Remove shrimp from marinade; discard marinade. Top each shrimp with a jalapeno slice and wrap with a bacon strip; secure with a toothpick. Place on a greased rack of a broiler pan.
- Broil 4 in. from heat 2-3 minutes on each side or until shrimp turn pink, basting frequently with remaining dressing after turning.
- Discard toothpicks before serving. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Reviews forBacon-Wrapped Shrimp
"Instead of bacon, I use prosciutto. It is thinner providing for a tighter wrap. Also, less greasy! This appetizer is awesome!"
"This sounds really good! & best of all, I have all the ingredients on hand! I'll probably skip the Jalapenos, though, sprinkle with a bit of pepper & add pineapple!"
"I added a piece of sliced water chestnut. The "crunch" added extra to this base.I also left some jalapeno membrane on some of the pieces-wow!"
"How can you go wrong with shrimp and bacon. I love the idea of adding a slice of jalapeno to it, wonderful!!!! I love making appetizers and this is just another one that I will add to my recipe files. Thank you!!"
"really good flavor-kind of messy to prepare"
"Can these be frozen?"