Bacon-Wrapped Scallops with Pear Sauce
I enjoy cooking for my parents, and my bacon-wrapped scallops recipe is one of their favorites. If you prefer, replace the pear preserves with preserves or jam of a different flavor. —Ethan Hall, King, North Carolina
- 12 bacon strips
- 3/4 cup pear preserves
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 12 sea scallops (about 3/4 pound)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Place bacon in an ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 375° for 7-10 minutes or until partially cooked but not crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain; keep warm.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the preserves, soy sauce, brown sugar and pepper flakes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3-5 minutes or until thickened.
- 3. Wrap a bacon strip around each scallop; secure with toothpicks. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, cook bacon-wrapped scallops in oil over medium-high heat for 5-7 minutes or until scallops are firm and opaque, turning once. Serve with pear sauce.
1 wrapped scallop with 1 tablespoon sauce: 400 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 121mg cholesterol, 819mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 0 fiber), 60g protein.
Feb 4, 2019This is extremely easy to assemble. It's quite good as well. Every year each person in the family makes an appetizer on Christmas day and we have a competition. I actually won with this recipe! :) Thanks for sharing!
© 2020 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC