Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + marinating Bake: 65 min. + standing
- 2 pork tenderloins (1 pound each)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup chopped apple
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 2 tablespoons red currant or raspberry jelly
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- Dash pepper
- Dash dried rosemary, crushed
- 6 bacon strips
- Cut a lengthwise slit down the center of each tenderloin to within 1/2 in. of bottom; open tenderloins so they lie flat. Cover with plastic wrap; pound to flatten to 3/4-in. thickness. Remove plastic wrap. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the oil, soy sauce and lemon juice; add tenderloins. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- In a large skillet, saute celery and onion in butter until tender. Remove from the heat. Stir in bread crumbs, apple, raisins, jelly, salt, poultry seasoning, pepper and rosemary.
- Remove tenderloins from marinade; discard marinade. Spread stuffing down the center of one tenderloin; top with second tenderloin. Tie several times with kitchen string and secure ends with toothpicks. Arrange bacon over the top.
- Place on a greased rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until a thermometer reads 160°. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes or until bacon is browned and crisp. Let stand for 10-15 minutes before slicing.
Apr 15, 2013
I did this for Sunday dinner. It came out perfect. Everyone loved it. Will do it again.
Dec 26, 2009
I've made this several times in the past and love it! I fed a crowd of 16 today for Christmas and everyone really enjoyed it!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.