Bacon-Wrapped Hot Dogs Recipe
- 12 bacon strips
- 8 cheese beef hot dogs
- 8 bakery hot dog buns, split and toasted
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 cups sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- Optional condiments: mayonnaise, ketchup or Dijon mustard
- 1. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until partially cooked but not crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain; cool slightly. Wrap 1-1/2 strips of bacon around each hot dog, securing with toothpicks as needed (do not wrap tightly, or bacon may tear during grilling).
- 2. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 6-8 minutes or until bacon is crisp and hot dogs are heated through, turning frequently. Discard toothpicks. Serve hot dogs in buns with onion and sauerkraut; top with condiments of your choice. Yield: 8 servings.
1 stuffed hot dog: 360 calories, 22g fat (9g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 1119mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 16g protein.
Reviews for Bacon-Wrapped Hot Dogs
"Great recipe and hints! My son loved these. Perfect!!"
"as much as I love hot dogs... I've never heard of bacon wrapped hot dogs, i know im pathetic lol. but this looks super delicious. the only problem is if I'm good enough to make this considering the fact the only time I experimented on hot dogs is the hot dog making game http://papasgames.us/papas-hot-doggeria/ Hot Doggeria lol. thanks for the recipe though :P)"
"We used Jalapeno Cheddar dogs. Very good!"
"I love hot dogs and I love bacon, so when I saw this recipe I thought combining them was a great idea. I used a plain beef hot dog, and the only optional condiment I used was horseradish mustard. Sounds crazy, but it was good! Thanks Texas!"