This is the first bacon-wrapped fig recipe I made. I like that the figs and walnuts have very similar nutritional values, making this recipe a high energy appetizer or snack. —Shelly Bevington, Hermiston, Oregon
- 24 dried figs, trimmed
- 24 walnut halves
- 12 bacon strips, halved crosswise
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. Cut a slit lengthwise down the center of each fig; fill each with a walnut half.
- 2. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until partially cooked but not crisp. Drain on paper towels.
- 3. Place cheese in a shallow bowl. Dip one side of bacon in cheese. Wrap each bacon strip around a stuffed fig, cheese side out; secure with a toothpick. Place on an ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pan.
- 4. Bake until bacon is crisp, 12-15 minutes, turning once.
1 appetizer: 66 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 86mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
© 2020 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC