This is the first bacon-wrapped fig recipe I made. I like that the figs and walnuts have very similar nutritional values, making this recipe a high energy appetizer or snack. —Shelly Bevington, Hermiston, Oregon
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 24 dried figs, trimmed
- 24 walnut halves
- 12 bacon strips, halved crosswise
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°. Cut a slit lengthwise down the center of each fig; fill each with a walnut half.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until partially cooked but not crisp. Drain on paper towels.
- Place cheese in a shallow bowl. Dip one side of bacon in cheese. Wrap each bacon strip around a stuffed fig, cheese side out; secure with a toothpick. Place on an ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pan.
- Bake until bacon is crisp, 12-15 minutes, turning once.