Bacon-Wrapped Chicken Spirals
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 4 bacon strips
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt, optional
- 1/4 cup canned chopped green chilies
- 1-1/2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until partially cooked but not crisp; drain on paper towels. Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Sprinkle with seasoned salt if desired.
- In a small bowl, combine the chilies, cream cheese and garlic. Spread over one side of each chicken breast. Roll up and tuck ends in. Wrap each with two bacon strips; secure with toothpicks.
- Place in an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Discard toothpicks.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 316 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 121mg cholesterol, 486mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 45g protein.
Jan 10, 2015
When I am in a hurry I use real bacon bits and sprinkle them in the middle and on top. LOTS of green chilies on top too! Messy but so good.
Oct 17, 2013
We don't keep chilies in our home so I substituted green and red bell peppers and it's amazing. If I'm feeling adventurous I'll mix in green onions. I like that you can hide vegetables in it.
Mar 10, 2012
Used 1 T. chopped jalapenos instead of green chilies for that extra "kick" we like. Very good!
Feb 20, 2011
Very good flavor! I thought it was a little messy to make, but still, I'd make it again.
Feb 16, 2011
Another successful meal! My whole family enjoyed it.
Sep 26, 2010
Best chicken recipe I have ever made!! I suggest breading the chicken. It makes it extra wonderful. It's mine and my husband's fallback dinner when we don't know what else to make. Amazing!
May 17, 2010
This was delicious! I used jalapenos because I didn't have chlies, but I'll definitely be experimenting with more filling again.
Jul 9, 2009
I make this for dinner parties served with rice. Always a favorite.