Chicken nuggets, bacon and teriyaki...what more could you ask for in an appetizer? Everyone who tries them asks for a recipe copy.—Julie Merriman, Cold Brook, New York
Recommended: 30 Chicken Dinners Ready in 30 Minutes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 2/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2/3 cup honey
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 to 3 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 pound bacon strips
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a bowl, whisk the first nine ingredients until blended. Reserve 1-1/2 cups mixture for sauce; cover and refrigerate. Place chicken in a large resealable plastic bag. Add remaining pineapple juice mixture; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate 1-2 hours.
- Cut bacon strips crosswise in thirds. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until partially cooked but not crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain.
- Drain chicken, discarding marinade. Wrap a bacon piece around each chicken cube; secure with a toothpick. Place on racks in 15x10x1-in. baking pans. Sprinkle brown sugar over tops.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until bacon is crisp and chicken is no longer pink. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, bring reserved pineapple juice mixture to a boil; cook 8-10 minutes or until liquid is reduced to 1 cup. Serve nuggets with sauce. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Bacon-Wrapped Chicken Nuggets in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2014