- 8 large jalapeno peppers
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 8 thick-sliced peppered bacon strips
- Cut jalapenos in half lengthwise; remove seeds and membranes. In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, cheddar cheese and Cajun seasoning. Stuff about 1-1/2 teaspoons into each pepper half.
- Cut bacon strips in half widthwise. In a large skillet, cook bacon until partially cooked but not crisp. Wrap a bacon piece around each pepper; secure with a toothpick.
- Place on a wire rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until bacon is crisp. Discard toothpicks. Serve immediately. Yield: 16 appetizers.
Reviews forBacon-Wrapped Cajun Jalapenos
"This is the one recipe that I am told I have to bring to my in-law family Christmas. They LOVE them and they are passionate about them, they are a must have. I have never spent the time to wrap them in bacon and I pre-make them when I have jalapenos in the garden, stuff them, lay a piece of bacon on them and freeze on cookie sheets. Once they are frozen I then pack in freezer bags. I then just bake how ever many is needed without thawing. They taste just a great and I have them all ready to go. This is a MUST have recipe. They even taste great without the bacon for those people that do not eat pork or meat."
"Seriously...I've been making these for years and can't believe I never "reviewed" them. Fabulous...no changes. I have impressed MANY people with these. My dad has tried to "improve" them but has not won that attempt. I will say this...I use more cheese than called for AND I don't waste my time wrapping them with bacon. I place a cooling cookie rack on top of a cookie sheet with sides. The peppers fit nicely in those little grooves and this will prevent them from rolling around. I then PLACE a piece of bacon across the top. It's perfectly fine! Who has time to wrap when people are hovering over you begging for them? OH! And yes, I've done them on the grill too. They came out better in the oven because it was just controlled better. The grill cooked them much faster and I started losing the cheese. I like the nice and neat cookie sheet method. ;-) PERFECT!"
"These are incredibly delicious. When I make these again I will add a little more cream cheese (we did have really large jalapenos though). Absolutely loved them."
"its hard to go wrong with cheese, jalapeno, & bacon"
"Loved these! easy to put together. Great flavor, but not too spicy after cooking."
"These are so easy to make and very delicious!"
"We have been making these spicy little beauties for two years! One thing we do different is coat the bacon in brown sugar just before putting wrapping them. We learned this trick from Another bacon wrapped jalapeños TOH recipe. Sweet and spicy delight!!"
"I have been making these for a few yrs and they are excellent. The cajun spice is awesome THX for recipe!!!"
"The recipe was really good! As others had mentioned they are not spicy after you cook them. I omitted the Cajun seasoning and added a dry ranch packet to the cream cheese and pre cooked the bacon and mixed that with the cream cheese when I stuffed the jalapeños.I will definitely make this again."
"These are fabulous! I made them for a family get together and everyone loved them. We are going to try them on the grill next."