VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 12 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried savory
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 beef tenderloin steaks (1 to 1-1/2 inches thick and 6 ounces each)
- Place six bacon strips at a time, on a microwave-safe plate lined with paper towels. Cover with another paper towel; microwave on high for 2-3 minutes or until partially cooked.
- In a small bowl, combine the sage, rosemary, savory, pepper and salt; rub over steaks. Wrap two strips of bacon around sides of steaks and secure with toothpicks.
- Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 6-7 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Discard toothpicks. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Bacon-Wrapped Beef Filets in Taste of Home Meals in Minutes Calendar Annual 2004, p11