Bacon Wild Rice Bake
This casserole is very special to me. I found the recipe when visiting a friend in Canada, and now my daughter send me wild rice from Wisconsin. I like to serve this with Cornish game hens.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2 cups uncooked wild rice
- 2 small green peppers, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 jars (4-1/2 ounces each) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 to 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a large saucepan, cook wild rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a skillet, saute green peppers and onion in butter until tender. Add mushrooms and salt; heat through. Stir into wild rice; add bacon.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until heated through.