Bacon Twice-Baked Potatoes
This versatile classic from Debbie Jones of California, Maryland has a rich filling enhanced with onions and chives. “These scrumptious potatoes can be the main course, or a side. Either way, they‘re tasty!“
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour 20 min.
- 2 medium baking potatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 bacon strip, cooked and crumbled
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon minced chives
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 cup Kerrygold shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Bake potatoes at 375° for 1 hour or until tender. When cool enough to handle, cut a thin slice off the top of each potato and discard. Scoop out pulp, leaving a thin shell.
- In a small bowl, mash the pulp with butter. Stir in the milk, bacon, onion, chives, salt, pepper and 1/3 cup cheese. Spoon into potato shells. Top with remaining cheese.
- Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 329 calories, 14g fat (9g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 624mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 4g fiber), 14g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.