Bacon-Topped Brussels Sprouts
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen brussels sprouts
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Cook brussels sprouts according to package directions; drain. Add butter, garlic salt, onion powder and oregano; toss. Place in a serving dish. Top with bacon.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 137 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 396mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 7g protein.
Dec 22, 2013
My family loves it when I serve brussel sprouts this way.
Jul 9, 2012
Nov 10, 2011
I've made this recipe a few times. My husband and son fight over who gets to eat the most!
Jul 1, 2009
This is my all-time favorite brussels sprout recipe. Sine I found it here, I have never prepared them any other way. I have made it many times for all occasions (or just as a side dish at dinner). Whether you are a fan of brussels sprouts or not, this recipe is awesome. Even my husband (who hates brussels sprouts) loves this recipe. It also works well with fresh brussels sprouts. I just steam them in my steamer, then prepare the rest as the recipe says to. Also, I use turkey bacon instead of regular bacon.
Nov 1, 2008
Lynne, This is superb. Thank you for adding it to the site. I will surely add this to my meal planning. If husband to be has a say, we'll have it a lot, which I won't mind, it'll be our secret as to how easy they are to prepare. YUMMMY!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.