Bacon-Topped Brussels Sprouts
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen brussels sprouts
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Cook brussels sprouts according to package directions; drain. Add butter, garlic salt, onion powder and oregano; toss. Place in a serving dish. Top with bacon.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 137 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 396mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 7g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 22, 2013
My family loves it when I serve brussel sprouts this way.
Jul 9, 2012
Nov 10, 2011
I've made this recipe a few times. My husband and son fight over who gets to eat the most!
Jul 1, 2009
This is my all-time favorite brussels sprout recipe. Sine I found it here, I have never prepared them any other way. I have made it many times for all occasions (or just as a side dish at dinner). Whether you are a fan of brussels sprouts or not, this recipe is awesome. Even my husband (who hates brussels sprouts) loves this recipe. It also works well with fresh brussels sprouts. I just steam them in my steamer, then prepare the rest as the recipe says to. Also, I use turkey bacon instead of regular bacon.
Nov 1, 2008
Lynne, This is superb. Thank you for adding it to the site. I will surely add this to my meal planning. If husband to be has a say, we'll have it a lot, which I won't mind, it'll be our secret as to how easy they are to prepare. YUMMMY!