Bacon Tomato Spread
This creamy spread uses one of our favorite cuts of pork. It's really good with summer garden tomatoes and is a hit at picnics and other gatherings.—Patricia Staudt, Marble Rock, Iowa
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
Makesabout 1-3/4 cups
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 medium tomato, peeled, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 8 bacon strips, diced
- Crackers or raw vegetables
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese, mustard and celery seed until blended. Stir in tomato and green pepper. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. In a skillet, cook bacon until crisp; remove to paper towels to drain. Discard drippings. Stir bacon into spread just before serving. Serve with crackers.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 132 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 152mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Bacon Tomato Spread in Taste of Home April/May 2002