Bacon Tater Bake
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1-1/3 cups sour cream
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 package (32 ounces) frozen Tater Tots
- In a large bowl, combine the soup, sour cream and onion. Add the bacon and Tater Tots; stir until combined.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 50 minutes. Uncover and bake 8-10 minutes longer or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 337 calories, 23g fat (8g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 837mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 8g protein.
Feb 6, 2015
This was very good and I will definitely make again, although the amount of bacon is excessive. Will cut way back or even eliminate the next time. It's refreshing to find a recipe that isn't smothered in cheese!
Mar 31, 2013
im guessing you cover it with foil am i right?
Mar 20, 2011
real easy to make makes alot but every will return for seconds
Mar 8, 2011
I turned this recipe into a tater tot casserole using 1 lb of beef instead of bacon and added cheddar cheese topping after I uncovered for an addn 10 min bake time.
Jan 7, 2011
Much to my surprise, my husband, who doesn't like tater tot casserole, actually liked this. I liked it too, but found it a bit salty. Next time I might try adding a vegetable like peas or borccoli to help cut the saltiness.
Dec 30, 2008
My boyfriend hated the texture of this because of the "soggy tater tots." I thought it was okay, though 1 large onion seemed a bit too much.
Aug 30, 2008
My family inhaled this! We ate the leftovers until it was gone. I only added a half lb. of bacon and it was still yummy!
Dec 28, 2007
I fixed Bacon Tater Bake on Christmas Eve my husband's family loved it.His aunt wanted the recipe for it.
Dec 15, 2007
Dec 15, 2007
Im going to do ham on Sunday and I will be trying this recipe out it sounds good and feeds alot. Thanks Alice
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.