Bacon Swiss Romaine Salad
This yummy salad features Swiss cheese, crispy bacon and crunchy cashews with a swift, from-scratch dressing. “I’m frequently asked for the recipe when I share this salad at get togethers,” Heather Koetsier relates from Grand Rapids, Michigan.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 4 cups torn romaine
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 3/4 cup real bacon bits
- 1/2 cup salted cashews
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- Dash salt
- In a large bowl, combine the romaine, cheese, bacon and cashews. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the dressing ingredients; shake well. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 268 calories, 19g fat (6g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 607mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 13g protein.
Originally published as Swiss, Bacon & Cashew Salad in Simple & Delicious July/August 2006