- 4 cups torn romaine
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 3/4 cup real bacon bits
- 1/2 cup salted cashews
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- Dash salt
- In a large bowl, combine the romaine, cheese, bacon and cashews. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the dressing ingredients; shake well. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forBacon Swiss Romaine Salad
"This was delicious; so simple but so good."